If you’re looking for a church, or just want to explore something different, we hope you’ll come see us at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church. You’ll find a friendly, loving community who worship God together.
If you’re new to the Episcopal Church, you’ll find many similarities to other historic churches. We love Holy Scripture. We believe the Creeds, which are ancient explanations of what Christians hold true. We minister the sacraments, receiving Holy Communion (or the Mass, or Eucharist) every week. We believe that Jesus Christ is really present with us in Holy Communion. We are connected to the early church through the Historic Episcopate, locally adapted. In other words our bishops (episcopos), priests and deacons have been ordained for ministry by blessing and laying on of hands… and this line of blessing can be traced through history back to the first Christians.
But we are also different from other churches, so we hope you’ll come and see for yourself. The top ten reasons to be an Episcopalian, courtesy of Robin Williams (who is one, too)…
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female, God created them; male and female, we ordain them.
7. You don't have to check your brains at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color coded!
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry, none of the guilt.
2. You don't have to know how to swim to get baptized.
And the number one reason for being an Episcopalian:
1. No matter what you believe, there's bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.
I hope you stop by, and give us a chance to welcome you in person!